At Croft Tree Experts in Ottawa, we remove trees and stumps of all varieties and sizes. Being certified arborists, we have the know-how and experience that it takes to fell a tree effectively, efficiently, and without damage or impact to surrounding property, buildings or landscaping.
A question that we are frequently asked – particularly by phone, email or on our contact form – is, “How much does it cost to remove a tree?”
While we wish we could give you a uniform, straight-up, bottom-line answer, it’s not that simple. In this article, we’ll talk about what goes into cutting down a tree, what steps and risks are involved, and why it’s important to use the expert services of a Certified Arborist.
The Many Factors in Pricing a Tree Removal
The cost of felling (or cutting down / removing) a tree is largely dependent on a number of factors, including:
- The size of the tree (bigger trees with more branches, as you can imagine, take longer to bring down and haul away, while small trees can be removed with less time and effort)
- The type of property the tree resides on (Is it on a big yard with minimal impact potential? Is yours a commercial property with buildings near the tree and expensive landscaping around it?)
- How far away is the property? (travel time is factored into the quote)
- What is ease of access like? (surrounding areas, entry for our vehicle(s) and gear, other trees and landscaping in proximity, etc.)
- How is the health / condition of the tree?
- Is this an emergency requiring immediate removal?
That’s why Croft Tree Experts insists upon having an estimator visit the job site and inspect the tree(s) in question to arrive at an accurate estimate that you can depend on.
Our prices are competitive and fall well within the range of local and national averages.
There are those out there who might provide a quick quote (some promote their services on Kijiji and other sites & social media). But you must ask, what does that quote include? How did they arrive at that number so quickly? What might they be leaving out (WSIB? Insurance?)? Are they qualified to do the job (what are their credentials)? And, perhaps most importantly after all that, how much will this ultimately cost you??!
For Peace of Mind, Make Sure You Hire an Expert
What might seem like a simple, routine task can quickly spiral into something bigger and riskier. That’s why it’s vital to hire an expert for the job, someone who’s certified and has a depth of experience when it comes to trees and tree removal in Ottawa.
Croft Tree Experts has certified ISA (International Society of Arborculture) arborists on our staff. We have experience felling and removing all kinds of trees from a whole host of situations, from storm cleanup and diseased trees on small residential lots to large-scale tree removal for developers and other commercial applications. Some removals involve climbing the tree, which involves a higher level of expertise and risk – fortunately our experience in this area means we know what we’re doing.
All our team members are WSIB covered and are fully insured.
Put it all together, and you can have peace of mind when hiring Croft Tree Experts. If you are in need of tree removal, contact us today to get the job done right!